Beauty brings confidence; by beauty, we do not mean fair and glowing skin and looks. Even your well-maintained nails and polished shoes can make a difference.
While talking about nails, it becomes important for us to discuss some tips and tricks for the healthy growth of your nails. Manicures and pretty nails add beauty to your soft hands, and healthy nails feel better than false ones.
Although most girls love growing their nail, many of us face broken, chipped, and weak nail. No matter how hard we try, sometimes it becomes impossible to grow them strong and healthy. To solve this problem, we bring you some simple and helpful tips to grow healthier Longer And Stronger nails.
Eight easy home remedies for nail growth
1. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is a magical ingredient; it works wonders for hair and helps with skincare and nail growth. It hydrates the nail, forms a protective layer against moisture, and protects the nails from infections.
•Take 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil and heat it for a few seconds. Make sure it’s not too hot.
•Dip your nails in the oil for 15-20 mins and massage for 5 minutes.
•Or rub and massage your nail with the oil in circular motions.
Garlic is an ingredient rich in selenium. It helps in faster nail growth and prevents random breakage and splitting.
• Take 1-2 garlic cloves and rub them on your nails.
• Keep it on for 15–20 minutes before washing your nails.
Lemon is the ultimate winning strategy for nail growth. It is full of Vitamin C, which helps in healthier growth and promotes collagen. It also helps to remove the yellow part of the nail and makes them look shinier and whiter.
• Take a bowl of lukewarm water. (Make sure the water is not warm enough to burn the skin)
• Add half a lemon juice to it and mix
• Dip nails in the mixture for 15-20 minutes
• Now rub the leftover lemon peel on your nails for 5 minutes. Don’t rub too hard.
• Apply some coconut oil to the nails and massage gently. (Optional)
4. Nail serum
Create a DIY nail serum to promote nail growth at home. This nail serum helps with healthy and shiny nails without digging a hole in your pockets.
• Take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
• 1/4th tablespoon honey
• 2-3 drops of lemon juice.
• Mix all the ingredients and apply the serum to your nail.
• Keep it overnight.
Even if this sounds weird, Colgate can help make your nails shine brighter and stay stronger. As Colgate removes the dirt and bacteria from the nails, the growth of the nail increases rapidly.
• Take some minimum quantity of paste and apply it to your nails
• Massage the paste with the use of a brush for 5 minutes
• Wash it off with regular water
• Apply coconut oil and massage gently
The amount of sodium in the body helps balance water and minerals, and salt also promotes healthy nail growth.
• Take some coconut oil and salt and scrub the nails gently. Scrubs are mostly on the sides of the nail.
• Massage and leave it for 15 minutes
• Wash it off with soap and water
• Take a nail filler and provide spacing to your nail. Do not forget to clean the cuticles.
• Now take warm water, half a tablespoon of salt, and half a lemon. Mix and dip your nail in the mixture for 15 minutes.
• Rub it with lemon peel. Wash it off with regular water.
• Push back the cuticles gently and apply some moisturizer.
7. Olive oil
Olive oil contains Vitamin E, which helps with blood circulation to promote nail growth.
• Warm up some olive oil and massage your cuticles and nail with it
• Leave it overnight
8. Vitamin E capsules
Vitamin E is a promoter of blood circulation in the body and the healthy growth of nails.
• You can either directly apply Vitamin E serum on your nails and cuticles and leave it overnight, Or
• Take a vitamin E capsule and mix it with Coconut/Almond oil
• Apply the mixture on nails and leave overnight
Tips and tricks to take good care of nails
1. Always file your nails in one direction
2. Use an effective nail strengthener
3. Always seal tips, as tips are more prone to getting broken or chirped
4. Have a balanced diet and add fresh fruits, vegetables, healthy carbohydrates, and fats
5. Moisture nail and cuticles regularly
6. Avoid frequent manicures, use of glue-on nail, and toxic nail polishes
7. Avoid cutting or trimming cuticles to make the nails look bigger; instead push them back gently while you get your nailone
8. Take biotins or keratin supplements, which could help build strength and provide protein to your nails9. Trim your nails regularly to prevent breakage or splitting
10. Massage your cuticles with good oil to improve blood circulation to the nail bed
Beautiful and shiny nails are a gift, but maintaining and improving them is part of life. Make sure to follow the nail care methods to promote healthy growth of your nail and to make them stronger, longer, and shinier.