Acne is one of the most common skin problems, especially in young people. About 85% of people in the world have gone through this acne (or pimple) problem at least once in their lives. There are several treatments available. But conventional acne treatments are found to be expensive and also have side effects on your skin. Some of the side-effects that have been observed by people are redness, dryness and irritation on the affected area.
Due to this, people are always looking for natural ways to treat and fight this acne (or pimple) problem. In this article, we bring you 10 powerful and effective home remedies that you can try.
Home Remedies for Acne ( Pimple ) Treatment
The major cause of Acne is clogging of the skin pores by the oil and dead skin cells. Other factors that can cause acne or pimple on your face are allergies, unhygienic diet, stress, hormonal changes, genetics, etc. But whatever be the reason for acne on your face, these home remedies can help you in getting rid of it.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
ACV is made from fermented apple cider or juice of crushed apples. It contains several organic acids that kill acne-causing bacteria. Succinic acid present in ACV suppresses inflammation of skin. ACV helps in drying of the excess oil that causes acne or pimples. ACV can sometimes cause irritation or burning sensation, so it’s recommended to use it in small amounts and diluted with water.
How to Use
- Mix ACV with water in the ratio of 1:3 (Add more water if your skin is sensitive).
- Apply the mixture onto the acne using a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 10-15 seconds and then rinse with water.
- Do this twice everyday till the acne disappears.
Home Remedies for pimples Treatment Video
Honey and Cinnamon Mask
Honey and Cinnamon are one of the best sources of antioxidants. Antioxidants are found effective at reducing acne. Honey with cinnamon has the ability to fight skin inflammations and acne-causing bacteria; since they both have anti-inflammatory, antioxidants, and anti-bacterial properties.
How to Use
- Take 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Make a thick paste so that it can stick to your face as a mask.
- Then, apply the mask on your face and leave it for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the mask gently and wash your face with water.
- Do this 1-2 times in a week.
Tea Tree Oil
Essential Oil like tea tree oil has the ability to fight bacteria responsible for acne. It also reduces skin inflammation. The topical application of 5% tea tree oil on the affected area can reduce acne. Since tea tree oil can cause dryness and irritation on sensitive skin, it is highly recommended to dilute it with water or other essential oils (like coconut or olive oil) before applying it on your skin.
How to Use
- Add 1 tablespoon tea tree oil with 6-8 tablespoon of water.
- Apply the mixture on the affected skin using a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off if it is not absorbed by the skin.
- Do this at least twice a day.
You must have heard several benefits of drinking green tea. Since green tea contains antioxidants that have the ability to fight acne-causing bacteria and any other skin inflammations. The topical application of green tea has shown positive results in removing acne or pimples.
How to Use
- Boil a cup of water for 4-5 minutes and add a green tea sachet to it.
- Allow the tea to cool before applying.
- Gently apply the green tea on affected areas using a cotton cloth/ball.
- Leave it for 20 minutes till it gets dry.
- Rinse with water and apply a moisturizer if required.
Also Check: 5 Surprising Green Tea Benefits for Skin
Aloe Vera gel obtained from the leaves of Aloe Vera plant has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. The gel is commonly used to treat rashes, abrasions, burns and several other skin inflammations. Therefore, it is also effective in treating acne problem.
How to Use
- Extract the gel from the leaves of Aloe Vera plant.
- Apply the gel directly without any dilution and filtration.
- It will act as a moisturizer for your skin and will give a cool sensation.
- Wash with cold water if required.
- Do this daily till the acne disappears.
Natural oils like coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil, sesame oil, etc are rich in vitamin E, vitamin A and fatty acids. They are effective in treating acne as they have anti-inflammatory properties. They supply necessary nutrients to the skin, thus making it smoother and softer.
How to Use
- Massage the acne affected area with natural oil till it gets absorbed by the skin.
- Leave it overnight.
- Take a shower the next morning.
- Do this 2-3 times a week.
Avocados contain essential nutrients and vitamins like fatty acids, Carotenoids, vitamin C, Vitamin E, etc. It nourishes your skin and protects it from inflammations. Vitamin C helps in making your skin clean and smooth. Avocados prove to be effective in treating acne and other inflammations from your skin.
How to use
- Cut the avocado and extract the pulp from it.
- Mash the pulp to make to smooth mixture, without any lumps.
- Apply the mixture on your skin and massage gently.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Do this at least twice a week.
Cucumber can be used to soothe and cool the acne affected skin. As the water content in cucumber is very high, therefore it hydrates the skin well. It acts as a soothing agent that rejuvenates the skin. It also cleans the uppermost layer of the skin, thus making your skin acne free.
How to use
- Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds. Mash it to make a paste.
- Add some water in it and apply the mixture on your skin.
- Gently massage on the affected area.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Do this every night.
These natural ways and home remedies can help you fight acne problem. The home remedies listed in this article may not work for everyone as the causes and skin sensitivity of everyone cannot be same. Therefore, give them a try. If the acne problem still persists then, try consulting a doctor or dermatologist for medication. Till then, try to stay and eat healthy as acne problem can be triggered by a unhygienic lifestyle.