I know you want a quick answer to this question, but you need to know what actually bacterial Vaginosis infection is. If you are sure of its diagnosis and know the signs and symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis, then only you can treat it easily and efficiently. In this article, we will see the symptoms, causes, and treatment of Bacterial Vaginosis (BV).
What is Bacterial Vaginosis infection?
BV is a very normal vaginal infection that occurs due to the increased growth of unwanted/bad bacteria in the vagina. BV is not a sexually transmitted disease (STD) but there are chances of occurring Bacterial Vaginosis if a woman has multiple sex partners. However, BV is not considered to be one of the serious diseases but still needs treatment as early as possible. It has severe effects on fertility and other complications if left untreated. Therefore, identifying and proper treatment become necessary.
Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis
- A strong fishy smell from the vagina.
- Burning feeling while peeing.
- Thin white or gray discharge.
Also See : 10 Surprising Benefits Of Sleeping Naked
Causes of Bacterial Vaginosis
There can be several reasons for developing vaginal infection. Poor hygienic conditions can be the most common cause of Bacterial Vaginosis. Some products that we use, especially personal hygienic products like vaginal deodorants, scented soaps, sex toys, etc. have chemicals that can induce or trigger the growth of such an infection.
Douching can be another major cause as it washes off the good bacteria from the vagina. This allows the bad bacteria to develop and cause infection.
Unprotected sex and sex with multiple partners can also affect the growth of bad bacteria, which will eventually lead to greater risk of developing Bacterial Vaginosis infection.
Medical Treatment and Prevention of Bacterial Vaginosis
- Antibiotics prescribed by the doctor. It could be a tablet, cream or gel.
- Don’t have sexual contact till the infection is treated completely.
- Avoid using products that might be triggering the growth of bad bacteria.
- Always use protection while involving in sexual activities.
- Dry your genital area properly after a bath.
- If you are using an IUD and developing BV simultaneously, then you need to ask your doctor for a different type of birth control.
- Yogurt is the best-known solution for treating Bacterial Vaginosis infection.
- Take a tampon. Soak it in yogurt and place it inside your vagina.
- Keep it there for few hours. Perform the steps twice a day.
- Additionally, add yogurt in your meal on a daily basis to take advantage of its benefits.
Also See : 7 Proven Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
Tea Tree Oil
- Take few drops of tea tree oil. Add them to a bowl of warm water and stir it well.
- Use the above made solution to rinse your vagina.
- Do this daily for 3-4 weeks and observe the effects.
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties.
- It can help you decrease the swelling significantly and control the infections symptoms.
- Add a teaspoon full of turmeric powder into a cup of warm milk and consume it twice a day.
- You can also add turmeric into your dishes on a regular basis.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix 2 tablespoons of ACV in warm water.
- Wash your vagina 2 times every day to heal the infection.
- You can also mix 1-2 teaspoons of ACV with honey and warm water and
- Drink this mixture for better results.
- Coconut oil can effectively treat Bacterial Vaginosis and prevent the development of bad bacteria again.
- Soak a tampon in the warm coconut oil.
- Place it inside your vagina.
- Keep it there for 2-3 hours.
- Rinse area when done.
- Repeat once a day till symptoms subside.
- Place a tea bag of chamomile into a glass of hot water.
- After about a minute, take the tea bag out of the glass.
- Keep the tea bag in the fridge to cool for 10 minutes.
- Put the tea bag inside the vagina.
- Squirt the tea bag in so that the water can reach the vaginal canals which are inflamed.
- Perform this process for 1-2 times per day until the symptoms are vanished.
- Fenugreek is highly effective in treating Bacterial Vaginosis.
- Take two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds.
- Soak them in a glass of water overnight.
- Drink this water on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Try this for at least a month daily until you get rid of infection.
- Top 8 Tips For Healthy Winter Skin
- Reclaiming Balance and Wellbeing in a Tech-Driven World: Strategies for an Effective Digital Detox
- Optimizing Brain Health with Over 7 Hours of Sleep
- Arjun Rampal Baby Boy: At the age of 50, Arjun Rampal became father for the fourth time, girlfriend gave birth to a son
- Unlock Your Skin’s Potential: Skincare Hacks for Women in Their 30s
- Neem powder has antibacterial properties and can help in washing bad bacteria from the vagina.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of neem powder and water so that you make a paste.
- Apply it over the infected vaginal area.
- Cleanse this area with warm water after half an hour.
- Take a gel capsule of boric acid.
- Place it inside the vagina before you go to sleep.
- Rnse your vagina with warm water in the morning.
- Do this process 2-3 times per week.
- A mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water with the same proportion can be used to wash the infected area.
- Wash it once again after 10 minutes, this time only with cold water.
- Do this process 1 to 2 times per day for couples of day.
- Make sure that you use only 3% hydrogen peroxide in home remedies for bacterial infection.
Bacterial Vaginosis can bring frustrating and discomforting experience. Try these home remedies and choose one that works best for you. If the infections still pertain, then you need to see a doctor as early as possible.