In the hustle of life, your skin goes through all kinds of grime like dirt, pollution, sun rays, etc. These things accumulate on your skin on a daily basis. Thus, the skin pores and hair follicles get clogged by this dirt, sebum, oil, and dead skin cells, resulting in Blackheads.
Blackheads are tiny raised bumps on the top layer of your skin. When the oil and dirt that block the skin pores, are exposed to moisture/air, they get oxidized and turns black. This is how blackheads develop on your body. The most common areas that get affected by blackheads are your face and nose. This problem of blackheads is very common and faced by almost every person once in their lifetime. So, in this article we are going to discuss three things in detail:
Remove Blackheads At Home (Video)
- How to Prevent Blackheads
- DIY to get rid of Blackheads
- Natural Remedy For Blackheads Removal
Getting rid of blackheads can be painful as they are accumulated in the tiny pores of your skin. So, some of the things that you can do in order to tackle blackheads are given below.
How To Prevent Blackheads
While we are discussing ways to get rid of blackheads, one must ensure that blackheads don’t develop at the first place. How can one avoid these blackheads? How to prevent your skin from these blackheads? Keep reading to find out the answer to these questions.
- Never try to pluck or pop blackheads as it will not clear off the blackhead roots from within. Picking can also lead to the spread of bacteria or even leave a scar on the skin.
- Always keep a face wash or scrub with you. Whenever you go out, you must ensure that you wash your face afterward.
- Replenish your skin’s moisture after each wash by using a moisturizer or face cream.
- Use skin creams or gels that contain Salicylic acid in them. It will prevent heads from growing.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly but that should not be abrasive or hard on your skin. Use gentle scrubs or natural exfoliators like oatmeal, sugar, salt, etc.
Also see : 5 Surprising Green Tea Benefits for Skin
Natural Remedy For Blackheads Removal
Here are some of the natural ways to get rid of blackheads. These natural home remedies can help you in eliminating the blackheads to a great extent. The natural ingredients in these remedies will have several other benefits for your skin also. So without any further delay, let’s take a look on these remedies:
1. Baking Soda – It is one of the natural things that exfoliate the skin. Make a paste of baking Soda by adding water to it. Apply the paste onto the blackhead affected area. Gently rub the skin using your fingertips. After a few minutes of rubbing, wash it off with water. Do this twice a week.
2. Clay – The dirt and oil-absorbing properties of Clay make it ideal for removing blackheads from the pores of your skin. Clay masks made of fuller’s earth and Kaolin Clay can help clear the pores. You can also apply clay on your face, covering all the areas except eyes and mouth. Leave it on for a few minutes. Then, wash it off with water to get rid of blackhead.
3. Steaming – Exposing your skin to steam is a great way to remove blackheads. Steam makes the skin soft and sweating, thus ideal for cleaning the accumulated dirt and oil in the skin pores. It also clears the skin, making it smoother and glowing.
4. Lemon and Honey – Make a paste of honey, lemon, and a little bit of salt. The lemon helps in cleaning the oil and greasy dirt, while the fine granules of salt will act as a non-abrasive scrub for the skin. The honey will moisturize your skin, thus making it soft and easy to work on. Apply the paste on the blackhead affected area. Gently scrub the paste for a few minutes. Wash with warm water. Try these 2-3 times a week.
5. Egg White Mask – Egg whites are effective in removing blackheads from the skin. The egg whites when applied topically on the blackhead affected area, shrinks the skin pores, thus forcing the blackheads to pop out of the skin pores. Egg also contains several essential nutrients that make your skin glowing and improves the overall skin texture.
6. Tomato – Along being rich in Vitamin C, tomatoes also have skin-brightening, oil-absorbing and pore shrinking properties that make it ideal for blackhead removal. Tomato pulp can be used to clean the skin pores. Cut a tomato in few round slices. Rub each slice on your blackhead affected area. Leave it on for a few minutes. Then, wash it off with cold water. Do this 2-3 times a week.
DIY To Get Rid Of Blackhead
The first and foremost thing that you should do before trying anything is to moisturize your skin with a soft cream or moisturizer. Drinking adequate amount of water can also keep your skin hydrated.
1. Exfoliate your Skin – If exfoliation is not included in your skincare regimen, then it’s time that you start exfoliating your skin. You can use a cosmetic scrub (suitable for your skin texture) to pull out the dirt, oil, and dead skin cells from the skin pores. Gently rub on the blackhead’s affected area while exfoliating. Do this at least once a week.
2. Facials – Facials can really help in curbing blackheads to an extent. DIY facials can be a refreshing way to clean the dirt and debris clogged in the skin pores. It also restores the glow of your skin, thus making your skin smooth and shiny.
3. Invest in the Right Products – If you have blackheads or acne-prone skin, then you must think of reconsidering your skincare products. Try to buy comedogenic products that are specially formulated to not clog the skin pores, thus preventing your skin from acne or blackheads.
4. Keep your skin clean – You must try to keep your skin clean all the time. Whenever you go out, your skin attracts dirt and oil. If this dirt is not cleaned properly, then it may lead to clogged skin pores. Makeup can also result in blackheads if not washed properly. So, always clean your face and remove makeup before calling it a day.
5. Use Clean Laundry – While sleeping in your bed, dirt and oil from your face get transferred to pillowcases and bedsheets. So, it’s necessary to wash them regularly so that the accumulated dirt doesn’t transfer back to your skin, clog the pores and increase the chances of blackheads.
The Blackhead problem is common and easily treatable. But the best way to get rid of blackheads is to prevent them from occurring in the first place. You must have heard before that prevention is better than cure. So, always take preventive measures to avoid blackheads. And if somehow you face this problem, then try the above-mentioned tips and remedies to remove blackheads. If the problem persists for long, then you must recommend a specialist doctor or dermatologist for medication. Till then, eat healthy to stay healthy.