Waiting for your big day and wanting that glossy skin that shines? Please don’t wait any further; we are here with some unique and easy-pissy tips for your pre- bridal skincare routine at home.
A wedding is a big affair and thus, you need to plan everything strategically. The wedding season is already expensive, and so are the bridal packages. But is it important for the bride to spend dozens over her skin to make it glow? No, right!! One can make the skin smooth and glowy with simple ingredients in their kitchen and DIY tips that will make their pre- bridal skincare easier.
Before discussing some home remedies, it is important to understand the Pre Bridal skincare routine at home.
Pre-bridal skincare routines at home include DIYs, skincare remedies, dietary changes, and so on. A skincare routine should begin 2-3 months before the wedding or at least 15 days before.
Before switching to a new home routine for the skin, there are certain precautions and additions that a bride-to-be must keep in mind,
• Do not experiment with anything new to the skin right before the wedding. A consultation with a dermatologist is highly recommended if the bride is unsure of what suits her skin and what she is allergic to.
• Any new skincare following should be tried and tested 3 months after the wedding to prevent the skin from breakouts, acne, burns or rashes.
• Follow a consistent AM and PM skincare routine.
• Make sunscreen for your best friend.
• Eat healthily and get a good sleep.
• Add a simple beauty drink to your diet. Boil a glass of milk and add a pinch of haldi to it. Have this milk every day until your wedding day. Haldi has antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral, and many other beneficial properties that help your skin glow and shine.
Next, we will begin with some cool home remedies for glowing skin,
1. Say goodbye to your chemical-based facewash
A glowy face with glass skin is a dream of girls during their weddings, or to say always. Sometimes, chemical-based facewashes do not help with the same. A bride-to-be can try any given day to wash her face early in the morning without a Facewash.
• Milk and gram flour
One of the easiest and oldest DIYs starts with gram flour (besan). The remedy is simple here as well,
– Take a spoonful of gram flour
– Mix some raw milk with the flour until the mixture reaches desired consistency
– Apply it and leave it till the paste dries
– Wash off your face with regular water
Tomatoes are not only delicious in salads and pies, but they are also great for your skin. To prepare for this,
– Take a tomato and blend it in a juicer
– Pulp the juice out and transfer it to a spray bottle
– Spray the juice on your face and leave it for 10 minutes
– Wash it off with regular water
• Sandalwood and Honey
– Take a spoon full of sandalwood powder and 1 tsp honey
– Mix the ingredients and apply a thin layer to your face
– Leave the pack for 20 minutes
– Rinse with regular water.
2. Uff!! Those beautiful big lashes
Your makeup artist can make your lashes look stunning, but some beautiful natural lashes can’t hurt. A simple application of this DIY can make your lashes bigger and better.
– Take a teaspoon of castor oil and mix it with the same quantity of almond oil.
– Apply it to your eyelashes right before you sleep
– Wash your face in the morning.
Castor oil has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that make eyelashes grow longer, smoother, and infection-free. Almond oil is great for all skin remedies, and to balance the thickness of castor oil, almond oil works best on those lashes.
3. The pointed, shiny nose
Whiteheads and blackheads are common problems, and no girl wants it on her big day or even on normal days. Here’s a simple remedy for your stubborn blackheads,
– Take two spoonfuls of charcoal powder (it is easily available in the market, or you can buy the powder online)
– Mix the powder with water until the mixture teacher desired consistency
– You can add honey for better results. At the same time, adding honey to the mixture is completely optional.
4. Glossy lips
Lipstick adds a hidden charm to the makeup look, but dry lips can harm the finished look. And thus, it is important to take care of those soft lips. To keep buttery soft lips,
– Take a spoon full of coffee
– Mix the coffee with almond oil and apply the mixture to your lips
– Keep it on for a few minutes and wash it off
– Apply this mixture once a day and notice the results
5. Body glow with a shine
Don’t we all love clean, fair, soft hands and feet? And those dark elbows and knees can ruin the whole mood. So let’s have a remedy for dark elbows, knuckles, and knees,
– Take sliced tomatoes and add sugar to it
– Scrub the desired area for five minutes
– Leave the area for the next fifteen minutes and wash it off
You will notice the difference after a few days of regular use.
6. Tata puffiness
Dark circles and puffiness during the wedding season can hamper the beautiful look, and who likes dark circles anyway.
Here’s a solution,
– Take a cucumber and a potato
– Crush both the ingredients and extract their juice
– Mix both juices and soak them in a cotton pad
– Put those soaked cotton pads on your eyes for a few minutes
Cucumbers and potatoes have antibiotic properties which help reduce darkness and puffiness, making your skin glowing and soft.
A skincare regime does not always dig a hole in your pocket; sometimes, the magical ingredients are hidden in your home. So, search for your kitchen and follow our remedies for that pretty bridal glow—all the best bride-to-be.