Bloating is a condition of accumulation of gas in the abdominal region. It can happen after meals or after an overnight sleep. Indigestion can also be a reason for bloating. If it doesn’t become very serious, it can be cured naturally by eating certain foods and drinks. There are various foods and drinks that can reduce bloating quickly.
Foods and drinks that you can have
- Cucumber: Since they have high water content, they help to reduce bloating quickly.
- Yogurt: It is rich in probiotics which increase the growth of the good bacteria in the body. The bacteria starts helping with indigestion and helps to reduce bloating fast.
- Berries: Strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries are very good sources of fiber. It helps with enhancing gut health.
- Papaya: Along with being rich in fibre, it also has an enzyme which helps the body break down amino acid and makes digestion simpler.
- Avocado: It is a highly nutritious fruit that is packed with potassium that helps in regulating the fluid level in the body. It is also rich in sodium which prevents water retention. The fiber present in avocado also helps you clear your digestive tract of gasses and helps to reduce bloating quickly.
- Green tea: It is rich in antioxidants and helps stay hydrated. It also prevents fluid retention.
- Celery: Celery has high water content. It is rich in mannitol, a sugar alcohol that pulls water from the digestive tract and also reduces bloating quickly.
- Ginger: If you have ginger on an empty stomach, you can the feeling of fullness that you experience due to bloating.
- Kombucha: It is a drink made from black tea or green tea. It is rich in probiotics and thus helps maintain good gut health.
- Bananas: They are a good source of fibre and are also rich in potassium. They can maintain a good water balance in the body. This helps to reduce bloating fast.
- Oats: Oats are loaded with fibre which makes them good for the stomach. They contain a specific fibre type that has high anti-inflammatory properties. Reduction in inflammation helps to reduce bloating quickly.
Also See: 5 Abdominal Bloating Remedies
Exercises that you can do to reduce bloating quickly
- Cardio: Walking or indulging in cardio will reduce the amount of gas in your body.
- Cat-cow pose: The cat-cow yoga pose can help with digestion and bloating.
- Torso twist: The torso twist, also known as the Russian twist will help in increasing the blood circulation to your gut and will help reduce bloating quickly.
- Cobra Pose: The cobra pose stretches your digestive organs and makes digestion more effective.
Thus, some foods and drinks can help you reduce bloating quickly naturally.