Masturbation has a lot of stigmas attached to it, specially in the Indian society, as a result of which there are multiple myths attached to the idea of masturbation. Here are a few facts about masturbation that will help clear up some myths that people hold:
- Masturbation is an absolutely normal thing: There is a huge myth that stigmatizes masturbation. On the contrary, you should always know that masturbation is an extremely natural thing to do and it is always better to know your body well.
- All sexes can masturbate: Another common myth around masturbation is that it is only for boys. Except for anyone, from any sex can wank and it is normal for them to do so. You don’t have to look down upon people who wank.
- Masturbation has health benefits: Masturbation helps you improve your sexual health by getting to know your body better in terms of getting to know what pleasures you the most. Apart from sexual health, it is also beneficial for the mental and physical health of a person. It helps you reduce your stress levels and tension, thus enhancing the quality of sleep you get. It also helps boost your concentration level and can be used as a mood lifter also. On the physical health aspect, masturbation alleviates pain and also helps reduce menstrual cramps.
- Helps you improve the quality of sex life: Wank gives you a keen insight into your own body which helps you figure out what you want sexually. This knowledge of your sexual wants helps you significantly improve the quality of your sex life.
- Do not get addicted: Just like addiction of everything is bad, addiction of masturbation is bad too. If you get addicted to it, it can cause some serious damage to your sexual, physical and mental health like increased chances of prostate cancer or low self-esteem.
Do not believe any myths and verify stuff for yourself. Masturbation is normal but an addition to it can cause harm. Happy masturbating!