Experiencing being full, swollen, or tight in the abdomen can be a sign of bloating. It is a build-up of gases in the abdominal region. It happens when the gastrointestinal tract fills up with gas. Gastric condition and people usually experience this after meals.
Causes For Gas
Gas: One of the most common reasons for bloating is a gas accumulation in the abdomen. A stomach infection, indigestion, and some foods can cause the accumulation of gas.
- Gastric infections: These infections store gas in your body, causing the body to feel full.
- Fluid retention: Bloating can also be a reason for excessive fluid retention in the body. Having salty foods or hormone changes can cause your body to keep fluids.
- Food intolerances: Some people can be allergic to a few foods which can also cause swelling in the abdomen.
Also Read: Yoga Poses For Gastric Problems
Bloating Remedies to provide instant relief to you:
- Eat slowly: If you eat very fast, you allow more air to go to your stomach with your food. This fills your stomach with air, thus causing bloating. But, slow eating won’t allow air to accumulate and thus won’t lead to bloating.
- Having antacids: Antacids provide instant relief from bloating by releasing gases from your body.
- Eating less fiber: Although fiber is very good for the body, moderation is the key. Having an excess of fiber in the body can accumulate gas in your system. Thus, reducing fiber intake can also help with reducing tightening in the abdomen.
- Eating probiotics: Probiotics increase the growth of good bacteria in the stomach. This bacteria helps indigestion.
- Having anti-inflammatory foods: Sugary foods, alcohol etc. cause inflammation in the body. Eating anti-inflammatory foods can reduce that inflammation.
Also Read: Yoga Asanas To Reduce Belly Fat
Bloating is a condition that can become severe and if it goes out of hand you must visit a doctor. But, you can cure a minor attack at home with the above-mentioned tips.