During summers, most of you might feel like wearing sleeveless, short, and breezy dresses. But the annoying thing that comes in your way is your body hair, including underarms. Keeping your body hair clean might be easy for some people, but few feel discomfort while removing underarm hair, especially from their underarms.
As it is one of the most delicate areas of your body, so hair removal from underarms (armpit) seems painful. But, believe me, it’s not! Here, in this article we bring you simple and easy ways to remove underarm hair without any pain. We have given some natural home remedies also. These natural things will ease your underarms hair removal work. So, keep reading to learn more.
Natural Home Remedies for Removing Underarms Hair
Now, it’s time to look at some of the natural ways of removing underarm hair. The best thing about natural remedies is that you don’t feel any kind of discomfort or pain while trying them. Also they hamper the growth of unwanted hair, thus giving you a permanent solution for hair problem.
Honey with Lemon
- Take 1 tsp lemon juice and 3 tsp of honey in a bowl and mix well.
- Wash your underarm skin with mild soap and water to soften the area.
- Use your fingertips to apply to your underarm area and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take a soft towel, soak it in warm water, and use that to wipe off the mixture from the skin.
- You can do this 2-3 times a week.
- You can leave the mixture overnight and wash it in the morning.
Turmeric and Papaya
- Take 3-4 tsp of grated papaya in a bowl, add 1-2 tsp of turmeric powder and mix them.
- Apply the mixture on the underarms area and massage the mixture on the skin using small circular motions.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Soak a soft towel in warm water (ring the towel to expel extra water).
- Use that towel to remove the mixture from your armpits.
- Do this every day for fast results (you can do it alternatively also).
- Also make sure to use a raw papaya as it helps in breaking down the hair follicles, thus preventing the hair from growing back.
- Take 4-5 tsp of turmeric powder; add 3-4 tsp rosewater in it.
- Make a thick paste. You can add more rosewater if required.
- Bath with warm water using a mild soap.
- Use your fingertips to apply the turmeric paste on your armpits and leave it on the skin for about 30 minutes.
- Soak a soft towel/cloth in warm water; squeeze the extra water from it.
- Wipe off the paste from the underarm area with that cloth (You can also wash your underarms).
- Do this process every day or on alternate days.
- Apply the paste at night and wash it in the morning for the best results.
Cornstarch and Egg White
- Take half tsp cornstarch and 1 egg white. Mix them in a bowl.
- Make a smooth paste by mixing well.
- Add 1 tsp of sugar and mix until it dissolves completely.
- Wash your underarms with warm water and pat dry.
- Apply the mixture in the direction of hair growth.
- Once the mixture dries up, peel it off in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- Follow this process 1-2 times a week for reducing hair growth.
- Make sure that you don’t add egg yolk as it may affect the efficacy of the remedy.
Usual Ways to Remove Underarm Hair
Here are the most common and simple ways of removing underarms hair:
1. Using an Epilator
An Epilator is an electronic device made for removing underarm hair. It’s very easy to use an epilator. You just need a moisturizing gel along with an epilator.
- Take a warm water bath to soften your skin.
- This makes hair removal from underarms less painful and easy.
- Keep the epilator at 45 degrees and start removing the hair.
- Move the epilator in all directions keeping it on the lowest mode.
- Wash your underarms and apply the moisturizing gel to soothe your skin.
2. Using a Razor
Removing underarm hair with a Razor is a great option as it is less painful. The process is simple and easy. You just need a razor, a shaving cream and a body lotion.
- While bathing, use a body wash/shaving cream to lather around your underarm area.
- Now, use the razor to shave the hair.
- Move the razor gently as the underarms area is very sensitive.
- After shaving the hair, wash your underarms with water.
- Apply moisturizer or body lotion to soothe the skin.
3. Using Depilatory Hair Removal Creams
There are many depilatory creams available in the market to remove unwanted body hair. Use any of them to remove hair easily from your underarms. However, prefer doing a patch test before using the cream if you have a very sensitive skin.
- Take a bath using a mild soap or body wash and dry yourself.
- Apply the depilatory cream on the underarms area.
- Leave it as recommended on the package.
- After that, clean off the cream using the spatula given with the cream.
- Wash it with water and apply moisturizer to soothe the skin.
Underarm hair wax is one of the most commonly used options for removing hair. It gives a smooth texture to the skin. It also helps in exfoliating the skin. But it’s more painful than any other method.
- Take a warm water bath using a mild soap to soften your skin.
- Wipe your body and apply powder. Heat the wax in the microwave or wax heater.
- Use a wooden spatula to spread the wax on your underarms.
- Keep the wax strip and press it firmly on the area.
- Remove the strip with one quick motion. Repeat the steps until all hair are removed.
- Clean the underarms with water and moisturize your skin.
5. Use Tweezers
If you don’t have a bunch of hair in your underarms, then tweezers can be used to pluck the unwanted hair. But if yours hair are dense, then don’t try this method.
- Take a shower with mild soap to soften the skin.
- Rub your underarms with a dry towel to exfoliate the skin.
- Now, use the tweezers to pluck the hair.
- Apply moisturizer or body lotion afterward.
These are some easy and natural ways for hair removal from underarms at home. We hope that these remedies and tips will be beneficial for you in getting rid of the unwanted hair. So that you can flaunt your beautiful sleeveless dresses in the summers.