With the enormous surge in COVID cases in India, there has been an acute shortage of oxygen cylinders in the country. A lot of hospitals have been devoid of oxygen and a lot of patients are suffering due to its shortage. A gas that is present in abundance in the atmosphere as created a havoc for COVID patient. However, here are a few tips you can follow to increase oxygen level at home:
- Camphor, clove, and cinnamon: Take a handkerchief and wrap 2-3 pieces of camphor (kapoor), 2 pieces of clove (laung), and 1 stick of cinnamon (dalchini). Inhale this around 10-12 times every hour to see results.
- Lie Down in Prone Position: It is the process of turning on one’s abdomen rather than the back. Lying on your abdomen from 30 mins to 2 hours and then shifting position to your sides can also help in increasing the oxygen level in your body. COVID patient should avoid lying on the back as it doesn’t contribute to increasing the oxygen level.
- Breathing exercises: Breathing exercises are known to shoot up your oxygen level. You can start with Pranayam and can also do the dog breathing exercise. The dog breathing exercise is fairly simple and requires you to stick out your tongue and breathe from both your nose and your tongue.
- Nebulizer: For this, you will need a nebulizing machine and a nebulizer. You can use a nebulizer just like you would use an oxygen cylinder and that can help you improve your oxygen level.
- Stay hydrated: Water is crucial for COVID patients as it helps your body absorb oxygen. Make sure you drink lots of water and stay completely hydrated all the time.
Make sure you follow the aforementioned tips to ensure that you stay fit and fine. Stay safe!